Emergency Eye Care Services
Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in Fort Worth, Texas
We offer emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don’t try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. We understand ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Please call the Eagle Mountain Family Eye Care office at 817-769-6601 for further instructions. Use your best judgment on urgency, if you feel your need to find the nearest emergency room.
Eye Safety – Safety Eyewear – Eye Injury Prevention
This short video stresses the importance of knowing the hazards at home and the workplace regarding your eyes. In this video, we review a few actual incidents where people lost part or all of their vision, along with one whose vision was saved by safety eyewear.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Cut or scratch
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
- Pediatric eye emergencies and eye care
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the injured person to rub their eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
DO call our office in Fort Worth at 817-769-6601 for further instructions! We are here for you!